Counsel on matters involving
Fish and Wildlife
Mentor Law Group aids private and public entities to navigate the numerous local, state and federal laws and regulations relating to fish and wildlife in the Western United States. Our work includes assisting permittees in securing the necessary permits for projects which may have an impact on priority species and species protected under the Endangered Species Act. Mentor Law Group has extensive experience negotiating with state and federal authorities to address complex fish and wildlife issues.
- Assisted a non-profit entity in facilitating the review of regulatory protections for fish and wildlife and preparation of an integrated watershed management plan.
- Aided a non-profit entity in the coordination of local, state, federal and tribal authorities to develop common policies to protect fish and wildlife habitat affected by hydroelectric dams.
- Assisted a client in an enforcement action by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. Negotiated with the state agency to resolve the dispute and improve stream habitat function.
- Assisted in the acquisition of water rights for instream flow purposes to aid in habitat protection for priority species fish and under the Endangered Species Act.
- Advised clients in navigating state and federal grants for fish and wildlife habitat projects.